Friday, January 16, 2009

WEEK 1: INJURY

Oh yeah, I injured my ribs(right part) during Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fight this past Monday. My opponent used a submission technique (figure four) then he rear naked choke me. Habang nakaipit yung binti nya sakin, may narinig ako na pumutok sa ribs ko and he's choking me at the same time! Yeah I tapped but I want to have another fight even if I'm injured. So my next opponent is my black belt instructor! So patay na! Instead of giving up, lumaban ako kahit alam kong matatalo ako. During our fight, I don't have enough energy and I have a injury at the same time but my instructor can't submit me. After few seconds, I saw his neck wide open. So I submitted him via Rear Naked Choke! .I can say that its a beginner's luck, I have to learn more but as I always say "Its better to loose via KO or submission than to quit".After 4 days, my ribs doesn't hurt that much anymore and I'm going to train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on Monday

4 comments:

Unknown said...

all I can say is OUCH!

Chi Rivera said...

@ karen- yeah ouch life must go on and don't quit XD

ovajodik said...

Like what we say, no pain, no gain... Hahahaha..

Chi Rivera said...

@ ovajodik- That's right. So I still accepted the challenge last week to fight even if I'm injured