Thursday, January 8, 2009

I am now a official member of "Team Combat" RIchmond VA

Yesterday I signed a 1-year contract on Combat Sports Center where the ultimate fighter 7 champion Amir Sadollah used to train. After I signed a contract, I changed my clothes immediately and went to the grappling floor. After that I stretched my legs&arms and the training had begun. We had 3 minutes of running, 3 minutes of running(side-ward), 3 minutes of running(backwards), 3 minutes of running(front and back shifting) and running(AGAIN!, But this time every 5 seconds we will jump two timesas high as we can). After that, my body was sweaty(EEWWWW! YEAH haha). Then I chose a sparring partner the first move we did is the sprawl(Video below).


After that they taught us the Kimura(as shown 0n the video below)





and my instructor taught me on how to prevent my opponent to do a Kimura to me! After that, my instructor taught us a Judo move called Tomoe Nagae(shown on the video below).



Tomoe Nagae is kind easy for me because I used to train Judo during my high school days. So my instructor taught us a combination of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Judo! After that they taught us the Rear naked choke(shown on the video below)
.

This move is very common on MMA. After that, my sparring partner choked me and I tell to my partner to choke me harder. Instead he tried to choke my jaw! haha. Then when its my turn to choke him, I didn't hesitate to choke him hard because the last time I trained Brazilian jiu jitsu, my instructor told me to choke harder&put more pressure when I'm going to choke my partner/opponent. After that, the next move is on how to prevent the rear naked choke and how to remove my opponents arms while he is choking(rear naked choke)me. After that, me and my partner exchanged every moves we learned yesterday. I feel so good after the training. After that, I told the desk associate that I'm ready to fight when I earn a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu! =D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it looks like your taking down notes during your trainings :D

Chi Rivera said...

@ karen- Yeah I should! So I can improve my Jiu jitsu skills