Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My first official MMA training

Yesterday I went to "combat sports center"(Amir Sadollah's gym) for a training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I arrived at 5:10pm and the training started at 6pm. So I rushed to the mens locker room to changed clothes and after I changed clothes we did a jogging around the floor. Then after that each fighter chose a partner for warm up grappling. Dun pa lang nagkaproblema nako dahil ala akong kapareho ng weight(155 lbs- lightweight). The fighters are either below my weight and above my weight. So my partner is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belter(PATAY!). So we did some basic submissions like "anaconda choke" and "guillotine choke". The coaches said I need to put more pressure when I will do the submissions kasi madali daw akong i-counter haha. But somehow pinuri ako ng mga coaches. Sabi nila mahirap daw akong isubmit dahil madulas daw katawan ako at malikot pag sinusubmit (hahaha) and they said that I have good cardio so it took more seconds before I tapout. Too bad cameras are not allowed so I don't have a pics. But these videos are some of the moves I learned yesterday.

ANACONDA CHOKE


GUILLOTINE CHOKE

OMOPLATA SHOULDER LOCK

My favorite choke is the Guillotine choke because its easier choke than all of the chokes I learned yesterday

4 comments:

Thefanboyseo said...

Guillotine Choke?

Pangalan palang ng move na yan deadly na ah!

Chi Rivera said...

oh yeah! nung ako na-guillotine choke eh bumaliktad pa katawan ko para sure na tapout ako! hehe

nonbeliever said...

karir naman :) wow! kaya ka ba nagpunta jan para ma-master ang art na yan ? hwahaeh

happy happy bday :)

Chi Rivera said...

@ jarvik- medyo kinakarir ko na! hehe kasi masarap sa pakiramdam eh! =D